Bacon and Egg Quesadillas
Pepper Jack cheese adds a bit of spice to these breakfast quesadillas.
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 4 large flour or whole wheat tortillas (10 to 12-inch)
- 4 slices crisp-cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 8 eggs, beaten
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese on one side of each tortilla. Top each with 1 bacon slice and 1 Tbs green onion.
- Coat large, non-stick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Pour in eggs. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking—pulling, lifting, and folding eggs, until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Spoon eggs on top of bacon, dividing evenly. Fold tortilla over filling to cover, pressing gently.
- Clean skillet. Coat with cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat until hot. Toast quesadillas, one at a time, just until cheese is melted, 1–2 minutes per side. Cut into wedges.
Calories from Fat 198 (51%)
(33%)Total Fat 22g
(46%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
The information presented in Health Notes is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals.